We build relationships with and serve the Lakota people through activities and community service projects in Oglala, South Dakota.
Since 1996, we have partnered with the team of missionaries who live and work on the Reservation year-round with the hope of building friendships with Lakota people while serving in the community. Every summer, we travel and serve through team projects such as building and renovating the Re*Creation and Worship Center, hosting bicycle repair, and doing home makeovers. We also put on basketball camps and VBS, teach classes in first aid, crochet, knitting, science, and technology, and engage with the community through pickle-ball, horseshoe tournaments, and community dinners.
Pray | PROVIDE | PARTICIPATE
Pray for Lakota
- Our partner missionaries on the reservation are seeking God’s guidance for new ways to connect to the community. The rec center is temporarily closed, and was a hub for community activity.
- COVID-19 cases have been declining and vaccinations are quickly being made available to reduce exposure. Pray this trend continues.
- Pray for those impacted by rampant poverty and scarce economic opportunities.
Provide for the Mission
- Our team provides ongoing material support, most recently donating Christmas meals, clothing supplies, and heating units for the residents of the reservation.
- We allocate financial resources for housing the resident missionaries in the community.
Participate in a Trip to Lakota
- Share in our mission by joining our team as a volunteer for the next available trip.
- Join us as a donor to support relief efforts and the activities of those serving in the field.
- Sign up for more information about the mission to Lakota.
Ready to go? Need a passport? Apply for one today!